Sun, 22 Oct|
Tablehurst Farm Kitchen
Fermentation 101: Sauerkraut & Kimchi
Fermentation is in and it's taking our kitchens by storm! Join Elle for a tastebud-tingling session to make mouthwatering, gut-friendly ferments for your table.
Time & Location
22 Oct, 10:00 – 13:00
Tablehurst Farm Kitchen, London Rd, Forest Row RH18 5DP, UK
About the event
You can book and pay on my site or you can BOOK HERE (this link takes you to the Tablehurst Farm Events page where you can also book and pay for your workshop).
T'is the time to be fermenting! Perfect opportunity to get your hands fizzing and your crocks bubbling to keep yourself healthy ready for winter.
Come and learn how to make sauerkraut and kimchi, bursting with those yummy, gut-loving bacteria, in the charming workshop space of award-winning Tablehurst Farm, winner of the BBC Food and Farming Awards Best Food Producer 2023.
Take away 1 x 500ml sauerkraut and 1 x 500ml jar of kimchi made by your own fair hands to impress and delight your tastebuds and those of your family and friends.
All organic/biodynamic produce, refreshments and recipe sheets are included in the workshop fee.
Limited places, by prior paid booking only - please book early!
Why not gift this bubbling experience to a friend? Purchase an extra ticket for a buddy or a gift voucher for a loved one!
This workshop is suitable for vegetarians.
What's included in the workshop cost:
- Fresh organic/biodynamic produce
- Recipe sheets
- One each of 500ml sauerkraut and kimchi you will have made during the workshop to take away in your jars (or in fermentation-grade, clip-top jars you can purchase at the workshop)
- Refreshments (teas, coffee and filtered water)
What you need to bring:
- chopping board*
- sharp knife
- a bandana or scarf to keep hair out of the way
- two x 500ml glass jars to take away the products they make at the workshop**
- a pair of protective blue nitrile gloves, if sensitive to ginger, chillies, or garlic
What you can purchase at the workshop:
- (*) Beautifully crafted bespoke acacia hardwood chopping blocks (pre-order here)
- (**) Kilner clip-top jars (pre-order here)
- Fermentation weights (bespoke, food-safe, double-kiln-fired, hand-made by a local master potter) (pre-order here)
Refund Policy for Fermentation Workshops: No refunds given with less than 5 working days’ notice because all fresh produce needs to be ordered in advance. If a participant cannot make the day due to unforeseen circumstances, a future workshop spot may be made available, as long as we have notice they can’t make it before or on the day of the workshop they were due to attend.
Notice on allergens: this workshop takes place in an environment where gluten, dairy and nuts may be prepared. However, this workshop does not include any of the major allergens as listed in Annex II (1169/2011) of the EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation:
- Cereals containing gluten (wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt, kamut and their hybridised strains)
- Crustaceans (e.g. crab, lobster, crayfish, shrimp, prawn)
- Tree Nuts (e.g. Almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans, brazils, pistachios, macadamias)
- Celery & Celeriac
- Sesame seeds
- Sulphites at concentrations of ten parts per million
- Molluscs (e.g. Mussels, oysters, squid)
Cancellation Policy: As we have to pre-order fresh produce for the workshop participants depending on number of bookings, no refund will be given with less than 5 working days' notice. Please get in touch as a matter of priority to let us know.
In the unlikely event we have to cancel the workshop, a full refund will be given.
Sauerkraut & Kimchi
Fermentation Basics, Tips & Secrets£65.00
Sourdough Failsafe Tips & Secrets£65.00
Medicinal Vinegars and Oxymels
Get ready for glorious winter health with delightful and tasty kitchen cupboard ferments.£65.00
Kefir Kombucha Ginger Beer
Healthy Fizzy Drinks Workshop£65.00
Intro to GAPS/Paleo
GAPS/Paleo Basics, Tips & Secrets£85.00
Get confident in fermenting anything! Includes vegetarian lunch.£95.00